Thursday 13 December 2007

Journey Across Kenya

On our way to the Rehema Orphanage in remote western Kenya we crossed the Equator, looked out over mist covering at the Great Rift Valley and drove for about 10 and half hours on the worst roads (or series of potholes) I have ever seen.

As I was filming out of the front window and we were approaching the first of about 10 barbed roadblocks set up by AK-47 wielding police officers, our Ugandan drivers Derrick and Henry warned us about how the Kenyan police don't take too kindly to being filmed.

Muttered stories reached my ears of people having been locked up and I remember letting our camera slide down between my legs as an officer stared in through my passenger-side window. "Don't look down, don't look down!", I remember thinking. He didn't and we were let through.

Please click here to see photos of us in Kenya.

No comments: